Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

I listen to Yiruma's piano songs a lot and hope to write some music like that. I really find his piano song is really special in the piano effect compared to others.

I am not sure if he recorded by midi or a real piano, but I am here looking for the best and realistic piano vst or recommendation to make best new age piano songs. I have had Alice key and imperfection samples fozioli but maybe look for more and any advice.

Thanks

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Depends on the quality you want and the musical style.

Basically there are two choices: Sampled piano (the best of which is about 40Gb). VSL do a nice one at a nice price and it comes with a free player and host software. You need a license key for that.

Then a modelled piano (about 50Mb). Pianoteq. I have this and their latest offering is very good. Have a look at their site and the demos. You get two pianos with the stage version but you can buy others at about $50. You just plug Pianoteq into your daw as a VST. No license key needed. You register and can then install it on 3 computers.

There's been a discussion about this recently. Look up the most recent posts.

http://composersforum.ning.com/forum/topics/great-mid-level-composi...

Plus, Gav started a thread on it.

Hope that helps. Others will have their suggestions that may be cheaper but it depends on what you're looking for.

You have many choices. Here's a guy I follow who reviews many of the latest pianos. 

Here are a few of his latest reviews-

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service