Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello.

I composed this little piece in 30 minutes as I did with my previous one. I have included a little more thought in terms of modulation and harmony. I haven't learnt how to modulate properly (being a completely self taught new composer). The piece starts in A minor and modulates to D minor then finishes with obviously, A minor. The structure is a kind of binary form with section A being A minor and section B being D minor. Section A and B are intended to contrast but also synergize together - although I ran out of time so could not finish the piece. 

Please listen. Comments are always welcome.

Views: 117

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, you composed a piece in a minor with melodic scaled passages with arpeggiated and 8va leaped accompaniment. Why didn’t it take just 10 minutes? Plus you need to transition better to the second section in d minor and back to a minor. Yes you need to work on going through modulations. Start by having your melodic lines modulate by highlighting raised 7ths of the next key like C# to D to make better transitions. Then make your harmony and other lines fit.  

~Rod

Hey. That piece is now irrelveent. I had an half hour to spare so i composed a new little measure. It's similar to the old actually. I haven't bothered modulating until someone can explain what's the best way (in terms of Baroque) to do it.

I ran out of time to turn this new piece into a concerto but I hope you get the idea. 

Rodney Carlyle Money said:

Wow, you composed a piece in a minor with melodic scaled passages with arpeggiated and 8va leaped accompaniment. Why didn’t it take just 10 minutes? Plus you need to transition better to the second section in d minor and back to a minor. Yes you need to work on going through modulations. Start by having your melodic lines modulate by highlighting raised 7ths of the next key like C# to D to make better transitions. Then make your harmony and other lines fit.  

~Rod

I just explained to you the best way. So go and do it.

Vivaldi said:

Hey. That piece is now irrelveent. I had an half hour to spare so i composed a new little measure. It's similar to the old actually. I haven't bothered modulating until someone can explain what's the best way (in terms of Baroque) to do it.

I ran out of time to turn this new piece into a concerto but I hope you get the idea. 

Rodney Carlyle Money said:

~Rod

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service