Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Ah, what the hell.. more Fuguelectronica with Prolation Technique and Cheesy Rhythm Track, aka, Kontrapunktus Funktus et Krunktus

The title says it all.

Views: 425

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I feel like I've discovered the secret level and have to kill the boss.

You don't suppose I've irreparably damaged my musical career with this single act?

Dave Dexter said:

I feel like I've discovered the secret level and have to kill the boss.

It'd be terribly stupid for someone who's composed dozens of game soundtracks to disparage something for sounding like a game soundtrack.

Kristofer Emerig said:

You don't suppose I've irreparably damaged my musical career with this single act?

Dave Dexter said:

I feel like I've discovered the secret level and have to kill the boss.

Kris,

Was it a commission from the LFO....

It definitely has an eerie game feel, it just shows you what you can get up to with fugue.

I'm guessing the prolation is imperfect as it feels like 4/2, or are there perfect cross rhythms? Or am I just too uptight...:-)

Much too uptight. I was anticipating much greater hostility from both you and Dave for my marring of the noble tradition. I'll just have to dig deeper next time, in hopes that I might write something which will truly place me in the company of the great composers of yore, such as PDQ Bach, or possibly even These Guys. none among us will ever spell S-a-t-u-r-d-a-y quite the same again, nor recover from the shock and trauma.

But in grave earnest, there is enough prolation and recombining of subjects to possibly be entertaining, so I piled on as much cheese as possible to conceal the oversight.


Mike Hewer said:

Kris,

Was it a commission from the LFO....

It definitely has an eerie game feel, it just shows you what you can get up to with fugue.

I'm guessing the prolation is imperfect as it feels like 4/2, or are there perfect cross rhythms? Or am I just too uptight...:-)

"I was anticipating much greater hostility from both you and Dave for my marring of the noble tradition."

It's like you don't even know me. Check this fugue in three parts that I wrote: it has no fugal intent or writing, and - as such - does this not make it the most fuguey fugue that ever fugued?

Yes, yes it does. All you spods thinking you're redefining fugues. huh. That said I learned a new word here: prolation.

@Dave: it sounds more like a secret level where the boss is a giant clown dancing out a fugue subject, and in order to defeat him (or escape certain death) you have to dance out the counterpoint to it. In a vast, underground, dimly-lit dance hall, where any misstep (aka dissonance) in the counterpoint will drop you into the murky depths of pure oblivion. (And then you have to start from the beginning of the fugue, all over again!!!1!11LOLROTFLMAOBBQ.)

It's a fine line, or line fine, between defining and defiling, it is.

Dave Dexter said:

"I was anticipating much greater hostility from both you and Dave for my marring of the noble tradition."

It's like you don't even know me. Check this fugue in three parts that I wrote: it has no fugal intent or writing, and - as such - does this not make it the most fuguey fugue that ever fugued?

Yes, yes it does. All you spods thinking you're redefining fugues. huh. That said I learned a new word here: prolation.

It's only one letter. That's no line at all.

Whilst on the subject of self-congratulatory linguistic fun, we haven't talked about Serenity's ousting (and in all likelihood disguised recurrence amongst us this very moment).

Kristofer Emerig said:

It's a fine line, or line fine, between defining and defiling, it is.

Believe this or not - I hadn't even noticed. Serenity "Bondi" Laine gone? Say it's not so! Scholarship'll shine no more here until a new mani[n]festation resurfaces.

Dave Dexter said:

It's only one letter. That's no line at all.

Whilst on the subject of self-congratulatory linguistic fun, we haven't talked about Serenity's ousting (and in all likelihood disguised recurrence amongst us this very moment).

Kristofer Emerig said:

It's a fine line, or line fine, between defining and defiling, it is.

Maybe we should start a new fad on this forum -- say patriotism fugues, or just plain patriotic music.  Or start a long argument about the superiority of the US of A.  That should draw Bondi out of the woodwork if he/she/it is still here.

Aye, I recall both Rodney and I have employed that method to smoke'm out his lair, but now that you've announced it so plainly.. another clever ploy must be devised. This will require a desperately stupid act of self sacrifice on some able member's part.

H. S. Teoh said:

Maybe we should start a new fad on this forum -- say patriotism fugues, or just plain patriotic music.  Or start a long argument about the superiority of the US of A.  That should draw Bondi out of the woodwork if he/she/it is still here.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service