Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and this is my first composition which doesn't have a name so I just call it '1'.

Please give advice to this noob so he can improve! :)

https://soundcloud.com/win-2-1/1-1

Thanks! 

Views: 239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

very interesting, and surprisingly complex for a first composition. Very nice, and keep it up!

Hi Edwin , I suggest that you go out and buy a good pair of sunglasses-  your future looks bright :-)  RS

Well done!  I listened through twice and the piece held my attention throughout.  You did an excellent job of varying the mood and voicing.  The best advice I can offer is to keep composing!  Challenge yourself and try writing for different instruments and types & sizes of ensembles. 

nice line, gonna file that one away for use. 

roger stancill said:

Hi Edwin , I suggest that you go out and buy a good pair of sunglasses-  your future looks bright :-)  RS

Very true. The single biggest factor of improvement for me has been to keep churning out tracks. You learn something each time.

T.T. Gaudynski said:

Well done!  I listened through twice and the piece held my attention throughout.  You did an excellent job of varying the mood and voicing.  The best advice I can offer is to keep composing!  Challenge yourself and try writing for different instruments and types & sizes of ensembles. 

Natanel, that line was borrowed from a tune by a group called Timbuck 3(spelling?)

it's 'pop' cutsy , but worth a listen... most likely on You Tube (My Futures So Bright- I gotta wear shades)  RS

Natanel Arnson said:

roger stancill said:

This line is so nice that i will translate it into Chinese for my daily usage :)

roger stancill said:

Natanel, that line was borrowed from a tune by a group called Timbuck 3(spelling?)

it's 'pop' cutsy , but worth a listen... most likely on You Tube (My Futures So Bright- I gotta wear shades)  RS

Natanel Arnson said:

roger stancill said:

Thanks Natanel, Roger and Gaudynski for your kind comments :D

It is a wonderful to receive such nice compliments for my first attempt!

Will keep on challenging myself, hopefully post something up here again soon!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service