Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!



There it is... Its just piano and timpani for now, I'm just jotting down some ideas, so the structure will change. I'll Most likely try to expand on the material I have written for now, since there seems to be some pretty cool little cells in there.

The comments are there to give you some kind of an idea of the sound and orchestration I'm thinking of.

I hope you like it!

 

...And if you have any suggestions/ideas/feedback please share!

Views: 509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

really good! one thing i thought is: "how old is he?  and how many times did he study composition".  (i hope do you understand my English) 'cause you have beautiful ideas, a good sense of music (all go where  it must goes...u understand?), but it's all heard yet (I think there is few "new" or personal things), I don't know your musical intentions, but i think that u want to say "look, I ve got a great  technic"... yes you have a great technic (the orchestration is like a film orchestration in many points of your piece). for this I ask me:  how old is he?  and how many times did he study composition...because if the answer is: i m young and i've studied music for some(?) year ... ok! you have many possibility ...I'm your fan!

but if you compose from ...many times, you are not young i appreciate your work but i m not your fan :)

sorry if i seem arrogant (I don't find other  words in english!), but I can say you  i don't think i m better than you!

really i can't think this!

This reply i first of all a curiosity...I d like to know the level of my musical fellows!!

 

by the piece is good!

 



Marco said:

really good! one thing i thought is: "how old is he?  and how many times did he study composition".  (i hope do you understand my English) 'cause you have beautiful ideas, a good sense of music (all go where  it must goes...u understand?), but it's all heard yet (I think there is few "new" or personal things***), I don't know your musical intentions, but i think that u want to say "look, I ve got a great  technic"... yes you have a great technic (the orchestration is like a film orchestration in many points of your piece). for this I ask me:  how old is he?  and how many times did he study composition...because if the answer is: i m young and i've studied music for some(?) year ... ok! you have many possibility ...I'm your fan!

but if you compose from ...many times, you are not young i appreciate your work but i m not your fan :)

sorry if i seem arrogant (I don't find other  words in english!), but I can say you  i don't think i m better than you!

really i can't think this!

This reply is first of all a curiosity...I d like to know the level of my musical fellows!!

 

the piece is good!

 

***Here follow an exemple that i've compose but i don't have do anything new!

 

  Pianoex by marco05

 

ecc...it's not a genial idea but i can write a sonata with this fragment that i ve write in few minutes, but is really mine?

Thanks!

 

Here's my attempt at answering your question (and some additional babble that might interest someone) :

I'm 19 years old. I've studied classical piano for maybe 13 years (?), which I think has a huge influence on my music. I recently moved on to studying jazz piano and improvisation. I've always been  interested in improvisation and composition.

I've never really formally studied composition... Just the basics of theory and some additional voice leding and harmony classes. Also I try to listen to a lot of different composers as analytically as possible. I try block out different kinds of orchestrations and colors from music I hear, try to Internalize them, and then apply and combine them in ways that I find interesting.

I try to compose stuff that utilizes the things I've learned instead of coming up with something that tries to be completely new and extremely hard to relate to. But I do try to bring in ideas that I think are fresh, interesting and relevant to the style, feel and color of the piece.

I've recently found a potential composition teacher tho. So I'm really exited.

 

-Henri

 

Marco said:

....

Then I'm your fan!!! if you find a good teacher you can do so much!!! really! "complimenti"!!!! bravo!

i try to make a little suggestion to you: don't write things because are trend. don't be a musical fundamentalist like a serialist ecc.. let you follow the music, 'cause you are vary musical!  and try always to say something great with your music!

I hope you understand 

bravo

Henri Vartio said:

Thanks!

 

Here's my attempt at answering your question (and some additional babble that might interest someone) :

I'm 19 years old. I've studied classical piano for maybe 13 years (?), which I think has a huge influence on my music. I recently moved on to studying jazz piano and improvisation. I've always been  interested in improvisation and composition.

I've never really formally studied composition... Just the basics of theory and some additional voice leding and harmony classes. Also I try to listen to a lot of different composers as analytically as possible. I try block out different kinds of orchestrations and colors from music I hear, try to Internalize them, and then apply and combine them in ways that I find interesting.

I try to compose stuff that utilizes the things I've learned instead of coming up with something that tries to be completely new and extremely hard to relate to. But I do try to bring in ideas that I think are fresh, interesting and relevant to the style, feel and color of the piece.

I've recently found a potential composition teacher tho. So I'm really exited.

 

-Henri

 

Marco said:

....

I definitely agree with you ( concordo pienamente con Marco )

Marco said:

Then I'm your fan!!! if you find a good teacher you can do so much!!! really! "complimenti"!!!! bravo!

i try to make a little suggestion to you: don't write things because are trend. don't be a musical fundamentalist like a serialist ecc.. let you follow the music, 'cause you are vary musical!  and try always to say something great with your music!

I hope you understand

bravo

Henri Vartio said:

Thanks!

 

Here's my attempt at answering your question (and some additional babble that might interest someone) :

I'm 19 years old. I've studied classical piano for maybe 13 years (?), which I think has a huge influence on my music. I recently moved on to studying jazz piano and improvisation. I've always been  interested in improvisation and composition.

I've never really formally studied composition... Just the basics of theory and some additional voice leding and harmony classes. Also I try to listen to a lot of different composers as analytically as possible. I try block out different kinds of orchestrations and colors from music I hear, try to Internalize them, and then apply and combine them in ways that I find interesting.

I try to compose stuff that utilizes the things I've learned instead of coming up with something that tries to be completely new and extremely hard to relate to. But I do try to bring in ideas that I think are fresh, interesting and relevant to the style, feel and color of the piece.

I've recently found a potential composition teacher tho. So I'm really exited.

 

-Henri

 

Marco said:

....

grazie Livio!

 

ah i link you some pieces that could be your ideal pieces...you are to much italian in some musical phrases: 

(attention: this is write yet  you must go on)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd78aT7-RXU&feature=related

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWqC6kRCLjI 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sign up info

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service