Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi there,

This little doodle was supposed to be a part of a larger whole, then it was supposed to be left alone until Halloween for the sake of relevance, or possibly the annual VA contest... then I decided to toss it all, finish the piece as is and move on to different projects. I suppose it's for the best - the music is fun like this, no extra pressure required :)

Thought I would share. Comment on anything. I may get around to producing a score for the sake of practice, but it's unlikely.

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's panned out of course (perhaps not enough, I'm reluctant to use more than 25% L/R for anything). As for depth I'm winging it a bit, don't think I have a solid feel for what is and isn't good yet, so I'm just reacting when something really feels out of place (usually just EQ high end + add reverb to push things back when they seem too upfront compared to the rest). This includes hiding samples that aren't very good. Maybe that's what breaks the space.

This track is my first attempt at parallel compression, I wonder if that's also an important factor?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service