Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aloha Anne, Thank you for listening and leaving a comment. I have limited resources and cannot afford high end software and samples to present my music. Hence the result is very MIDI sounding. This piece was written by ear as all of my music and intended as a track on my latest CD "IN Progress". I don't read music but have been writing it for over 40 years. My inspiration comes from life and whatever my experiences brings forth. The mood is what it is as I write. Each person hears music in their own way and my hopes with this song is the same as with all of my music. To touch and stimulate Feelings in others.
Donny
I just listened to your composition. It reminds me of a lot, and like you said it inspires alot of feeling. It reminds me of the eight years that i lived in Hawai'i a very beautiful piece in deed. It would be wonderful if you could get an orchestra to play this, the live recording would be wonderful to hear. Merry Christmas Donny
Thanks for listening Jonathan. If you would like to hear more visit my site. http://DonnyPike.tripod.com. Hawaii is a wonderful place to live and write. I,m glad that you were able to feel something from my music. Happy holidays.
Donny
Indeed it needs a better mixing. It sounds very big and dense because of the mix. What samples are you using?
If the piano is supposed to be on the mainfront, don´t let the strings drown its sound. Also try to make the oboe and the piano interact more with each other.
Thanks for the comment Miguel, Unfortunately all I have are sound fonts to write my music. No samples or high end equipment. I'll take a look at your ideas :-)
Donny
You may download edirol orchestral. It´s a good, small VST ....

Donny Pike said:
Thanks for the comment Miguel, Unfortunately all I have are sound fonts to write my music. No samples or high end equipment. I'll take a look at your ideas :-)
Donny

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service