Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

I'm not sure where to go with this piece or, for that matter, whether its even entirely original (I struggle with that often) but I would love to hear any comments/feedback.

Thank you!

Views: 74

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like that very much.. Maybe come down 2 semitones where this clip finishes, keeping the same feel in the background but change the melody the 'lead' instruments are playing? Just a thought...

Peace.

DC...

Thanks DC!

I will give that a try.

I really like the sound of it. It reminds me a little bit of this song from this Netflix show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KjS2EgFclE. But they are both different melodies. I don't know if I'm right, but the bass notes are staying the same, right? What if you changed your bass notes to other notes to move the melody and the song to a new section?

Thanks for the tip, Diego.

The celli repeat the same Fm chord throughout alongside an ostinato bassoon line and synchopated pizzicato violas and basses that kind of bounce above and below the celli--i think i am using these terms correctly.

I do have a hard time bringing compositions to completion because I struggle with what comes next and the transitions that link sections. I think some combination of what you and DC suggest is the right course, though.

I hear you. I used to just try things by ear but recently I've been trying to study music theory and that has helped me shorten or sharpen my guessing game because now I feel I have some roadmaps about what things might sound well. But I still struggle to find something that feels just right sometimes. I loved hearing that bounce. It also reminds me of the backing music in Sally's Song in Nightmare Before Christmas

Harmonius said:

Thanks for the tip, Diego.

The celli repeat the same Fm chord throughout alongside an ostinato bassoon line and synchopated pizzicato violas and basses that kind of bounce above and below the celli--i think i am using these terms correctly.

I do have a hard time bringing compositions to completion because I struggle with what comes next and the transitions that link sections. I think some combination of what you and DC suggest is the right course, though.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service