Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

This summer, I wrote three pieces for piano in quick succession.
I think that it is difficult "Digital Insect Zone" is to play in particular.
These works are included in my "23 Preludes".
Do you enjoy music like this?

BogusBirds.pdf

aLongMoment.pdf

DigitalInsectZone.pdf

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does not have the pianist to play my work!

Raymond Kemp said:

I would probably enjoy if played on piano

Hi Nobuyoshi,  Very imaginative and I'll bet painstakingly difficult to get on paper.

This is definately not the usual sake of pototoes off the shelf.

I especially liked the way you presented your works. Being

able to 'follow along ' was great. 

Are you going to post any others ? 

Were you inspired by nature videos or was this all your imagination?

To me , they were very unique     Thanks for sharing them   Roger

Will never be inspired by "natural" when I compose. In the middle I have composed, I do not have only image of the sound. When I make a video, I linked to my music the natural landscape. Video is the work separate from the music.
Thank you for going out to my music.

roger stancill said:

Hi Nobuyoshi,  Very imaginative and I'll bet painstakingly difficult to get on paper.

This is definately not the usual sake of pototoes off the shelf.

I especially liked the way you presented your works. Being

able to 'follow along ' was great. 

Are you going to post any others ? 

Were you inspired by nature videos or was this all your imagination?

To me , they were very unique     Thanks for sharing them   Roger

Hi Nobuyoshi!

I liked the music very much. An interesting thing is that I also liked the sound, I mean that I liked that machine-like repetitive notes. It seems to me that this computer sound fits your score. Unfortunately today this machine-like repetitive sound is considered to be low-quality, because often it is produced without much knowledge of sound production and it is often disliked by professionals. On the other hand, I think there is a lot to do with the sound, especially adding some pedaling, removing sound clipping and so on.

I think that live performance will of course be better, but maybe you can also look more into imitating "computer playing on the piano".

I created several algorythmic programs in project Rhaos (Train and City tracks), that write music. Of course, they are difficult to compare to man-created music, but I heard something, that remind me of Rhaos. Mayby, it would be interesting to you, maybe not:

http://alch.us.to/project.php?p=Rhaos (you can listen for example to Western Train Suite, Lost City)

http://alch.us.to/qgen2/

Can you please write, how you created the piece, did you use any statistical/mathematical approach, or you improvised on the piano, or anything else?

Also, an offtopic: how did you create this sheetmusic-video?

Dear Alch,

I think that "repetition of motifs" is hated certainly today. I was also trying to avoid repetition as much as possible in the past.
However, because I noticed that "repetition of the motif" comes naturally formed psychologically, only recently, I have come to adopt it again.
I believe "organization of sound" is to act as a psychological phenomenon of human beings after all.
For this reason, I do not take advantage of the theory or computer program Upon composition.
This approach might be disqualified as "contemporary methods" but, for now, are attracted by I'm curious to music as a psychological phenomenon.

On that, perhaps, my music has be greatly influenced by the computer music, including popular music.
My way may not be acceptable to the scene of the music tip, but I think it's one of the ways of music postmodern.

While looking for a sound on the keyboard, I composed by "finale", and adjusted the play in the "logic". I'm making a video by "iMovie".

I am not good at English very much, but I hope that my opinion is well transmitted to you.
Thank you for your comment.

Thank you, Raymond.

Raymond Kemp said:

Reading through some of your comments here and else where, I believe there are translation problems Japanese to and from English.
Let me say in the simplest and most straightforward terms. Your music deserves being performed by real musicians.
I can not be more clear with my opinion and have nothing more to add.

Hi Charles,

Of course, I also like the music of John Cage and Toru Takemitsu.

Thank you very much.

If I'd be a better pianist I'd start practicing this right now.

I even hear hints of Kapustin and Hamelin's jazzy etudes in here.

Great pieces.

Thank you for your comment.
I do not like music of Kapustin, but I was influenced a lot of the jazz piano; Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, or Keith Jarett.
I want to create a contemporary "pop" music.

Douwe Ziel said:

If I'd be a better pianist I'd start practicing this right now.

I even hear hints of Kapustin and Hamelin's jazzy etudes in here.

Great pieces.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2019   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service