Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

All Discussions Tagged 'violin' (27)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Making music with a wine glass and violin bow

Paul reminded me with his breaking glass piece that I once played around with multitracking music out of bowing a single wine glass.…

Started by Dave Dexter

6 Mar 28
Reply by Dave Dexter

Recordings from my string quartet session (mainly classical and choral)

I have new music! Most information and context is included in info to the following playlist and tracks, but basically I wrote/arranged s…

Started by Dave Dexter

15 Nov 8, 2016
Reply by Mike Hewer

Hello people. My name is Igor Maliska and I love to compose soundtrack like musics.

Here is my playlist. I'm a composer, and the thing I like most is to show my work to others. I would like to spread my music, but not becau…

Started by Igor Lima Correia Maliska

1 Mar 3, 2016
Reply by Tyler Hughes

String quartet mock up with Sibelius remotely controlling Presonus Studio One

Here's the URL to the playlist for a string quartet that I recorded via Sibelius as a scoring editor for Presonus Studio One (its the actua…

Started by Al Johnston

0 Jan 4, 2016

Open strings and hand positions- How much of a bad thing?

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on the use of open strings; I suppose this discussion applies mostly to live performance, since…

Started by Bryan W. Poulsen

14 Oct 19, 2015
Reply by Bob Porter

Solemnity for French Horn, Viola, Violoncello and Double Bass

How can I improve, expand upon and neaten this, as I may submit it to competitions or an undergrad program?  Are the double stops on the ba…

Started by Hunter Bolton

5 Jul 3, 2015
Reply by Roger Fedyk

Duet for Violin and Piano

Here is my most recently composed piece for Grade I students.  All feedback welcome, particularly feedback regarding measures 39 and 40, as…

Started by Hunter Bolton

6 May 8, 2015

Aleksey Kovalenko - String Quartet №1 (live)

Aleksey Kovalenko - String Quartet №1 (live) I. Moderato-Adagio-Allegro-Moderato II. Allegro-Adagio III. Lento IV. Allegro V. Allegro-Grave…

Started by Алексей Коваленко

3 Feb 17, 2015
Reply by Алексей Коваленко

Musings- solo violin

Hi- it's been a while since I was here, but I'm back for now.   Here's a violin piece I wrote recently and had performed- let me know what…

Started by Lara Poe

9 Jan 22, 2015
Reply by Lara Poe

Question about string articulation use.

Hello everyone! I listen to songs, and I try to breakdown the techniques and articulations there, and try to apply that to my tracks, but i…

Started by Niranjan Raghu

22 Oct 20, 2014
Reply by Fredrick zinos

RSS

© 2017   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service