Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

All Discussions Tagged 'strings' (25)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hypnosis - Concerto per Orchestra, A contemporary composition with score

Hi All, I have the pleasure to share this concerto or strings, flute, clarinet and percussion. Looking forward to hear your feedback The c…

Started by Marco Di Stefano

5 1 hour ago
Reply by Ray Kemp

Song Touching the "John Williams" Sound

Hello Everyone! I recently wrote a small piece for an advertisement that needed an adventurous touch to it. Any critiques would be fantast…

Started by Joshua Empyre

7 Nov 25, 2017
Reply by Michael Forbes

Recordings from my string quartet session (mainly classical and choral)

I have new music! Most information and context is included in info to the following playlist and tracks, but basically I wrote/arranged s…

Started by Dave Dexter

15 Nov 8, 2016
Reply by Mike Hewer

My Orchestral Piece - Feedback Needed Please

I am working on an orchestral song and really need some feedback on what it sounds like so far, e.g. what mood do you feel when listening t…

Started by Nicole

4 Jul 29, 2016
Reply by H. S. Teoh

Orchestral string piece (looking for scoring suggestions)

EDIT: Because some of you think I genuinely am contesting Barber for his Adagio for Strings crown rather than temp-naming what is definitio…

Started by Dave Dexter

28 May 4, 2016
Reply by Dave Dexter

Open strings and hand positions- How much of a bad thing?

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on the use of open strings; I suppose this discussion applies mostly to live performance, since…

Started by Bryan W. Poulsen

14 Oct 19, 2015
Reply by Bob Porter

Look what I came across today, surfing the web. Not only a very artisic mind, but clever as well... And it sounds great, too! Click here t…

Started by Erwin van Delft

2 Sep 5, 2015
Reply by Wladislaw Leszczewski

My 4 part Suite

Hi all, My name is Vlad and I've recently joined this beautiful composers' forum. Please have a listen to my composition entitled Luminous…

Started by Vladimir Ivan

8 Apr 11, 2015
Reply by Vladimir Ivan

Orchestration of String Quartet No. 1

Hey, everyone.  He is the orchestrated version of my String Quartet no. 1.  Let me know what you think.

Started by Hunter Bolton

4 Apr 8, 2015

LEAF FALL for string quartet or string orchestra

So this piece is a first one complete score for the strings. Piece was written in August and the season of autumn was the ispiriation. Non-…

Started by Eugene Nazaroff Jr.

5 Jan 14, 2015
Reply by michael diemer

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service