Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

All Discussions Tagged 'strings' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Look what I came across today, surfing the web. Not only a very artisic mind, but clever as well... And it sounds great, too! Click here t…

Started by Erwin van Delft

2 Sep 5
Reply by Wladislaw Leszczewski

My 4 part Suite

Hi all, My name is Vlad and I've recently joined this beautiful composers' forum. Please have a listen to my composition entitled Luminous…

Started by Vladimir Ivan

8 Apr 11
Reply by Vladimir Ivan

Orchestration of String Quartet No. 1

Hey, everyone.  He is the orchestrated version of my String Quartet no. 1.  Let me know what you think.

Started by Hunter Bolton

4 Apr 8
Reply by Paul Smith

LEAF FALL for string quartet or string orchestra

So this piece is a first one complete score for the strings. Piece was written in August and the season of autumn was the ispiriation. Non-…

Started by Eugene Nazaroff Jr.

5 Jan 14
Reply by michael diemer

Strings Speak for Pizzicato String Quartet (with Score and Finale file!)

I'm happy how my mp3 turned out in Logic Pro, but not happy with how it turned out in Finale.  I'm submitting this tomorrow, December 1st,…

Started by Hunter Bolton

4 Dec 1, 2014
Reply by Tim Beringer

Hybrid Music - A gentle foray.

Hallo everyone. This is a track I've been working on and off the past two days. I've started an experimental foray into hybrid music, and t…

Started by Niranjan Raghu

6 Nov 23, 2014
Reply by Niranjan Raghu

Open strings and hand positions- How much of a bad thing?

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on the use of open strings; I suppose this discussion applies mostly to live performance, since…

Started by Bryan W. Poulsen

6 Sep 7, 2014
Reply by Bryan W. Poulsen

What Orchestral Virtual Instruments are you using?

Hi, I'm pretty new to the composers forum and this is my first posting. I recently have been hired to score an Independent film and want to…

Started by Eric Englehorn

11 Feb 10, 2014
Reply by Jeremy David Hiebert

Looking for feedback

Hi All, This is my first post on this forum and I was looking for some feedback for my work. Epic orchestral music for a film trailer htt…

Started by Joe Ruby

3 Jul 1, 2013
Reply by Raymond Kemp

Solo String Orchestration

I have always struggled a bit with writing for strings, as a wind player the notation system implies different techniques and sounds someti…

Started by Luci Holland

10 Dec 10, 2012
Reply by Luci Holland

© 2015   Created by Chris Merritt.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service