Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

All Discussions Tagged 'strings' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hybrid Music - A gentle foray.

Hallo everyone. This is a track I've been working on and off the past two days. I've started an experimental foray into hybrid music, and t…

Started by Niranjan Raghu

6 on Sunday
Reply by Niranjan Raghu

Open strings and hand positions- How much of a bad thing?

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on the use of open strings; I suppose this discussion applies mostly to live performance, since…

Started by Bryan W. Poulsen

6 Sep 7
Reply by Bryan W. Poulsen

What Orchestral Virtual Instruments are you using?

Hi, I'm pretty new to the composers forum and this is my first posting. I recently have been hired to score an Independent film and want to…

Started by Eric Englehorn

11 Feb 10
Reply by Jeremy David Hiebert

Looking for feedback

Hi All, This is my first post on this forum and I was looking for some feedback for my work. Epic orchestral music for a film trailer htt…

Started by Joe Ruby

3 Jul 1, 2013
Reply by Raymond Kemp

Solo String Orchestration

I have always struggled a bit with writing for strings, as a wind player the notation system implies different techniques and sounds someti…

Started by Luci Holland

10 Dec 10, 2012
Reply by Luci Holland

A amateur composer looking for an assignment.

Hello, I am a composer, looking to find work doing said job. If you require music compositions, please contact me. I am wiling to work for…

Started by Aaron C Adams

4 Nov 1, 2012
Reply by Victor Eijkhout

The Anatomy of an Epic Soundtrack (Spoof)

A friend visited my studio and suggested we compose a send-up of that classic Hollywood staple, the trailer to an epic sci-fi movie. We eac…

Started by August Champlin

4 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by August Champlin

New piece using Hollywood Strings...something not quite right..help :-)

Hey there, I recently finished a piano and strings piece using Hollywood Strings (EWQL), just something to test the software really. Howeve…

Started by L_P_

4 Oct 9, 2012
Reply by L_P_

Lily Pads - Inspired by the Claude Monet

I made this song for fun, and later entered it in a contest for Sibelius. It's inspired by the oh-so-famous Claude Monet painting, Water Li…

Started by Rachel Pappas

2 Nov 29, 2011
Reply by Rachel Pappas

The Night Ends

Being of young age and having no musical colleagues, I find it quite difficult to find good criticism. I shared this piece with a few of my…

Started by Matthew James McMurry

3 Jun 16, 2011
Reply by vincenti zghra

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Merritt.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service