Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

All Discussions Tagged 'percussion' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

My first upload - Latin Composition

Hi there,  as I'm new to this forum I just wanted to upload one of my compositions, to introduce myself. It's called "Una noche en México"…

Started by Daniel Moretti

7 on Wednesday
Reply by Daniel Moretti

The Dance of the Yao People (Arranged by August Champlin)

A Chinese friend of mine played The Dance of the Yao People on the guzheng (Chinese zither) for me in 2005, and I was instantly smitten wit…

Started by August Champlin

2 Nov 6, 2013
Reply by August Champlin

The Anatomy of an Epic Soundtrack (Spoof)

A friend visited my studio and suggested we compose a send-up of that classic Hollywood staple, the trailer to an epic sci-fi movie. We eac…

Started by August Champlin

4 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by August Champlin

Percussion Extended Techniques

If anyone out there wants to know more about writing extended techniques for percussion, I have been playing contemporary music on percussi…

Started by Matthew Pelandini

9 Mar 16, 2012
Reply by Kala Pierson

"Lamb Chops: Variations on Mary had a Little Lamb for Percussion Ensemble"

At least, that's the full title.  Just calling it Lambchops works fine. Anyways, ever since my freshman year of High School, a running jok…

Started by Clay Westman

1 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by Tombo Rombo

Andantino in A major Op.1

Andantino in A major Op.1 pdf   This is my Classical composition. It is a string quartet with piano. I was inspired by the Romantic era mus…

Started by Tristan Noon

4 Jun 1, 2011
Reply by Tristan Noon

Percussion Quartet

Hey,New recording from a piece performed last night by the Royal Irish Academy of Music's Percussion Ensemble in Dublin. Its called Prevale…

Started by Matthew Whiteside

4 Jun 6, 2010
Reply by Matthew Whiteside

A musical image of a HP lovecraft story

Hello people, I am a huge Lovecraft fan and from time to time I write music based on his stories. This one is called "under the pyramids" a…

Started by Miguel Marquez

5 Mar 30, 2010
Reply by Miguel Marquez

March to Glory - Extended Version (Rearranged) - "Marcha para a Glória"

Hello composers, I am new here! First, thanks for listening to my work! =) I rearranged previous work... (In the second video below) EXT…

Started by Arthur M. Hayashi

2 Dec 17, 2009
Reply by Arthur M. Hayashi

MIDI Composers: How do you compose your percussion?

Hey all, I've always been a musician/composer rooted in melodic instruments and structure. Yeah, I've sat in on a few drum circles (I'm pa…

Started by Andrew Wonders

7 Oct 20, 2009
Reply by Andrew Wonders

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Merritt.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service