Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

All Discussions Tagged 'percussion' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A question on percussion assignment in scores

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has any input on this.I write for fairly large percussion sections that routinely require percussioni…

Started by Dave Dexter

15 Dec 19, 2016
Reply by Dave Dexter

My 4 part Suite

Hi all, My name is Vlad and I've recently joined this beautiful composers' forum. Please have a listen to my composition entitled Luminous…

Started by Vladimir Ivan

8 Apr 11, 2015
Reply by Vladimir Ivan

My first upload - Latin Composition

Hi there,  as I'm new to this forum I just wanted to upload one of my compositions, to introduce myself. It's called "Una noche en México"…

Started by Daniel Moretti

7 Oct 29, 2014
Reply by Daniel Moretti

The Dance of the Yao People (Arranged by August Champlin)

A Chinese friend of mine played The Dance of the Yao People on the guzheng (Chinese zither) for me in 2005, and I was instantly smitten wit…

Started by August Champlin

2 Nov 6, 2013
Reply by August Champlin

The Anatomy of an Epic Soundtrack (Spoof)

A friend visited my studio and suggested we compose a send-up of that classic Hollywood staple, the trailer to an epic sci-fi movie. We eac…

Started by August Champlin

4 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by August Champlin

Percussion Extended Techniques

If anyone out there wants to know more about writing extended techniques for percussion, I have been playing contemporary music on percussi…

Started by Matthew Pelandini

9 Mar 16, 2012
Reply by Kala Pierson

"Lamb Chops: Variations on Mary had a Little Lamb for Percussion Ensemble"

At least, that's the full title.  Just calling it Lambchops works fine. Anyways, ever since my freshman year of High School, a running jok…

Started by Clay Westman

1 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by Tombo Rombo

Andantino in A major Op.1

Andantino in A major Op.1 pdf   This is my Classical composition. It is a string quartet with piano. I was inspired by the Romantic era mus…

Started by Tristan Noon

4 Jun 1, 2011
Reply by Tristan Noon

Percussion Quartet

Hey,New recording from a piece performed last night by the Royal Irish Academy of Music's Percussion Ensemble in Dublin. Its called Prevale…

Started by Matthew Whiteside

4 Jun 6, 2010
Reply by Matthew Whiteside

A musical image of a HP lovecraft story

Hello people, I am a huge Lovecraft fan and from time to time I write music based on his stories. This one is called "under the pyramids" a…

Started by Miguel Marquez

5 Mar 30, 2010
Reply by Miguel Marquez

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service