Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

All Discussions Tagged 'horn' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Perpetuum mobile

Trying to take some advice to heart of those who mean well to me... Here is a trio with a set of instruments you won't find together that o…

Started by Erwin van Delft

1 Aug 15, 2017
Reply by H. S. Teoh

Unanswered Love

Just finished my first trio. As most of you know, I am quite sensitive and therefor I have strong feelings easily. About a year ago, I met…

5 Apr 22, 2016
Reply by Ingo Lee

Instrumental duet.

Here I might have a very nice question ...I want to write an instrumental duet between me (a white man) and a black woman. For myself, I th…

3 Jan 14, 2016
Reply by Erwin van Delft

Solemnity for French Horn, Viola, Violoncello and Double Bass

How can I improve, expand upon and neaten this, as I may submit it to competitions or an undergrad program?  Are the double stops on the ba…

Started by Hunter Bolton

5 Jul 3, 2015
Reply by Roger Fedyk

(Score Only) An Overdose, Death, and An Ambulance Ride for Unconventional Orchestra

I'm aware that no orchestras have enough flutes for this, so if you're going to say something about that, please suggest specific measures…

Started by Hunter Bolton

4 May 11, 2015
Reply by Hunter Bolton

The Five Ages of Man (Actually "Seven Ages of Man," each age performed in seven seconds).

This is a brief introduction, less than a minute, to a larger piece.   Actually there are "Seven Ages" of Man, each one represented by a di…

Started by Olmnilnlolm

4 Apr 15, 2015
Reply by Olmnilnlolm

Horn fluttertongue swells

I wrote some fluttertongue swells into a French horn part for a double wind quintet I recently workshopped, and the players had a hard time…

Started by Dave Riedstra

3 Nov 3, 2013
Reply by Chris Alpiar

Two studies for Solo Horn

Hi there, I would be very keen to get constructive criticism and feedback on a couple of pieces I've written for solo french horn recently…

Started by Charles E Gaskell

18 Apr 7, 2013
Reply by Tim Marko

Aves Orientalis (Oriental Birds) for Woodwind Quintet

Inspired by my time spent living in Korea, where I saw cranes and egrets land in verdant rice paddies only to soar into picture-perfect blu…

Started by August Champlin

2 May 4, 2012
Reply by August Champlin

New piece in 12-tone manner...

Attached are "Vst-Performance" and a pdf-score of the music...This is my second attempt at writing such music (first one being for string o…

Started by Ario

1 Feb 24, 2010
Reply by Ario

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2019   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service