Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

All Discussions Tagged 'brass' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Song Touching the "John Williams" Sound

Hello Everyone! I recently wrote a small piece for an advertisement that needed an adventurous touch to it. Any critiques would be fantast…

Started by Joshua Empyre

7 Nov 25, 2017
Reply by Michael Forbes

War Symphony, fourth (last) movement

Don't think I wrote this in two days time... I usually work on different things at the same time, so... Here is the fourth and last movemen…

Started by Erwin van Delft

9 Dec 30, 2015
Reply by H. S. Teoh

New second movement of the War Symphony

Hi everyone, I am still working on my War Symphony, as I should, of course. Being the weak spot, it took me a while to complete, because it…

8 Dec 22, 2015
Reply by Erwin van Delft

War Symphony, second movement

Well... After all you have listened to my first movement 'Uneasy Peace', the logical thing to follow is a war... And that is what I tried t…

8 Nov 13, 2015
Reply by Erwin van Delft

Orchestration of String Quartet No. 1

Hey, everyone.  He is the orchestrated version of my String Quartet no. 1.  Let me know what you think.

Started by Hunter Bolton

4 Apr 8, 2015

Octet No. 1 for Winds and Brass (or just clarinets)

I'm composing this piece for a clarinet octet, but I think it may sound better with a french horn, flute, and the rest clarinets.  What do…

Started by Hunter Bolton

2 Apr 7, 2015
Reply by H. S. Teoh

Overture to the Crisis in Ukraine: Symphonic Work for Orchestra without Glockenspiel and Electric Harpsichord

(Skip this if you don't like to read about the music you listen to). http://picosong.com/CQcS An explanation of the techniques and materi…

Started by Olmnilnlolm

3 May 14, 2014
Reply by Olmnilnlolm

Orchestration for BRASS

Hope this is the right subforum to write/ask about this ... The only time I tried to write for woodwinds and brass together I was about 13…

Started by Ursula Jasovec

6 Oct 31, 2013
Reply by Ursula Jasovec

Fanfare - Men and Angels

This is an Easter fanfare for a full brass band.  Score is attached as well as a computer generated mp3 (Sibelius 7 with Sibleius 7 sounds)…

Started by John van Gulik

6 Dec 11, 2012
Reply by Father Jason Emerson

The Anatomy of an Epic Soundtrack (Spoof)

A friend visited my studio and suggested we compose a send-up of that classic Hollywood staple, the trailer to an epic sci-fi movie. We eac…

Started by August Champlin

4 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by August Champlin

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service