Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

All Discussions Tagged 'Fugue' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ah, what the hell.. more Fuguelectronica with Prolation Technique and Cheesy Rhythm Track, aka, Kontrapunktus Funktus et Krunktus

The title says it all.

Started by Kristofer Emerig

23 May 22
Reply by Kristofer Emerig

Fugue in Inversion and Retrograde

Greetings all, just a short triple fugue - 3 expositions - first is the subject in its original form, second is an inversion, 3rd is a retr…

Started by Tom Jensen

26 May 15
Reply by roger stancill

Fugue.. alas, the forgotten art.

It seems that in our modern time, interest in the fugal discipline is all but forgotten. With so few allusions to the topic on this board,…

Started by Kristofer Emerig

43 Feb 16
Reply by Fredrick zinos

Fugue with Subject in Dominant Key?

Hey so If you couldn't tell from my picture I am a guitarist and I have been recently working at the Bach violin fugue BWV 1003. Anyway I w…

Started by Mitch Newton

0 Jan 14

"Bach" Fugue in Bb

This is a little fugue I wrote on Bach's name, which in the German musical alphabet is "Bb, A, C, B". There are a couple pretentious quotat…

Started by Jonathan Burns

7 Sep 10, 2016
Reply by Kristofer Emerig

Fugues

Fugue in D minor I've been writing a lot of fugues recently. A very challenging and fun form to write in! If anyone else has experimented…

Started by Tom Jensen

10 Aug 2, 2016
Reply by gregorio X

Short fugue for Harpsichord.

Hi to everyone, I'm new to this forum. I want you to hear this very short(1 minute) fugue that I've recently written, it may not be the bes…

Started by Simone Battaglia

6 Feb 5, 2014
Reply by Simone Battaglia

“Bach Arirang No. 2” - A Bach-inspired fugue based on Arirang theme

I have written a 3-voice fugue (fuga) based on the Korean traditional folk song, Arirang.  The subject of the fugue was taken from Arirang…

Started by Minseo Park

8 May 28, 2012
Reply by Minseo Park

Post-tonal approaches to fugue expositions

Hello all,   I had a fugue subject in mind and was looking for some guidence as to how to approach the structure of the exposition of fugue…

Started by Nate Mitchell

3 May 14, 2012
Reply by Greg Brus

“Bach Arirang No. 1” - A Bach-inspired fugue based on Arirang theme

I have written a 4-voice fugue (fuga) based on the Korean traditional folk song, Arirang.  The subject of the fugue was taken from Arirang.…

Started by Minseo Park

2 May 8, 2012
Reply by Minseo Park

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service