Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

All Discussions Tagged 'Fugue' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fugue in Inversion and Retrograde

Greetings all, just a short triple fugue - 3 expositions - first is the subject in its original form, second is an inversion, 3rd is a retr…

Started by Tom Jensen

26 May 15, 2017
Reply by roger stancill

Fugue with Subject in Dominant Key?

Hey so If you couldn't tell from my picture I am a guitarist and I have been recently working at the Bach violin fugue BWV 1003. Anyway I w…

Started by Mitch Newton

0 Jan 14, 2017

"Bach" Fugue in Bb

This is a little fugue I wrote on Bach's name, which in the German musical alphabet is "Bb, A, C, B". There are a couple pretentious quotat…

Started by Jonathan Burns

7 Sep 10, 2016
Reply by Kristofer Emerig

Fugues

Fugue in D minor I've been writing a lot of fugues recently. A very challenging and fun form to write in! If anyone else has experimented…

Started by Tom Jensen

10 Aug 2, 2016
Reply by gregorio X

Short fugue for Harpsichord.

Hi to everyone, I'm new to this forum. I want you to hear this very short(1 minute) fugue that I've recently written, it may not be the bes…

Started by Simone Battaglia

6 Feb 5, 2014
Reply by Simone Battaglia

“Bach Arirang No. 2” - A Bach-inspired fugue based on Arirang theme

I have written a 3-voice fugue (fuga) based on the Korean traditional folk song, Arirang.  The subject of the fugue was taken from Arirang…

Started by Minseo Park

8 May 28, 2012
Reply by Minseo Park

Post-tonal approaches to fugue expositions

Hello all,   I had a fugue subject in mind and was looking for some guidence as to how to approach the structure of the exposition of fugue…

Started by Nate Mitchell

3 May 14, 2012
Reply by Greg Brus

“Bach Arirang No. 1” - A Bach-inspired fugue based on Arirang theme

I have written a 4-voice fugue (fuga) based on the Korean traditional folk song, Arirang.  The subject of the fugue was taken from Arirang.…

Started by Minseo Park

2 May 8, 2012
Reply by Minseo Park

Fugue No. 3 - "Flying Over Grand Canyon"

I have composed a fugue titled "Flying Over Grand Canyon".  I welcome your critique.  Thank you very much for listening.   Minseo Park   ht…

Started by Minseo Park

8 Jun 27, 2011
Reply by Minseo Park

Piano Quintet. 4 Voice Fugue in the style of Astor Piazzolla

Here's another Piano Quintet in the style of one of my favorites composers, Astor Piazzolla.   It's a fugue 4 voice fugue with accompanimen…

Started by Ariel Ramos

3 Jan 23, 2011
Reply by Minseo Park

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service