Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

All Discussions Tagged 'Classical' (37)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Three Short Pieces for Small Orchestra

Hi, I've just finished writing these three pieces and currently have no one to listen to them. I would very much appreciate your thoughts.…

Started by Dominic Amlot

15 Aug 3, 2014
Reply by Janet Spangenberg

Epic fantasy in progress (Advice needed)

Hello everyone.. This is one of my latest pending works, I need some critiques and advices, see what I can fix before I post it to the pu…

Started by Mohammad W.Alsaad

2 May 4, 2014
Reply by Mohammad W.Alsaad

"Suite (in 10 movements) for Bassoon"

A sketch with all notes and articulations included. No expression markings. Seeking constructive thoughts and feelings on work thus far. Co…

Started by Gordon Francis Blaney Jr.

10 Jan 26, 2014
Reply by Gordon Francis Blaney Jr.

"Abyss", the 1st. piece from my current cycle "Seven Glimpses of Heaven", for solo piano/pianos.

Am mainly seeking a performer/performers for this highly virtuosic work, and the rest in the set. Have many players who have expressed cons…

Started by Mark Nicol

1 Sep 11, 2012
Reply by Nikolas

Composed of Harshness: Dialogue, Function, and Structural Ambiguity in Beethoven's "Tempest" Sonata.

Hello everyone, I conducted an independent study this year on sonata form: in particular the theories on form proposed by William Caplin in…

Started by Nate Mitchell

1 Sep 11, 2012
Reply by Gordon Francis Blaney Jr.

Contemporary classical music for cello and piano

Hi, Now I have completed new work "Appraesentation".  I am using the new software sound source was obtained, wrote the music for cello and…

Started by Nobuyoshi Tanaka

4 Jun 13, 2012
Reply by Nobuyoshi Tanaka

Piano Sonata 1 mvt 1

Intro and exposition of my first piano piece.  I am looking for general feedback on this. Any input from piano players would be great. Than…

Started by Jeffrey Kamp

4 Dec 29, 2011
Reply by Spiros Makris

Blend of traditions...

hi people,     I got inspired by Mozart's Symphony No. 25... WOW!!!  I cant imagine if he was a human!! And I tried to blend it with Indian…

Started by Shivaranjan Raghuraman

6 Jun 19, 2011
Reply by Shivaranjan Raghuraman

Waldszenen / Forest Scenes (draft title)

Well then, I want to ask for some feedback on this symphonic work (still in progress). I named it for the moment "Waldszenen / Forest Scene…

Started by Rudi [Rudolf Schmitt]

25 Jun 17, 2011
Reply by Jonas Steur

Piety and Woe

Written for a String Quintet, accompanied by String Orchestra with a Bass Drum.  This piece is incomplete and might be for some time, every…

Started by Brock Keith Martin

3 Feb 14, 2010
Reply by Brock Keith Martin

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service