Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Stephen Ferre's Discussions (16)

Discussions Replied To (15) Replies Latest Activity

"I would be happy to be involved in the discussions. That said, I start teaching tomo…"

Stephen Ferre replied Aug 26 to Collaborative Project Proposal: Treatise on Atonalism

31 Oct 2
Reply by Em Coston

"I've recently started using NotePerformer3 as my playback engine for Sibelius, and I…"

Stephen Ferre replied Aug 26 to String Quartet

7 Aug 26
Reply by Bob Porter

"Schoenberg, for one, described his music as pantonal. There are parts of his serial…"

Stephen Ferre replied Aug 26 to Collaborative Project Proposal: Treatise on Atonalism

31 Oct 2
Reply by Em Coston

"I think we are trying to over-simplify things.  Post-1970, very few composers were w…"

Stephen Ferre replied Apr 25 to

just now

"Popular music is anything composed for mass consumption, i.e. may be on the radio. C…"

Stephen Ferre replied Apr 23 to

just now

"I think we need to distinguish more between Contemporary and Modern music. Contempor…"

Stephen Ferre replied Apr 23 to

just now

"I think we can all agree that each of us has a variety of reasons for wanting differ…"

Stephen Ferre replied Jan 16 to Contest: THE 4 ELEMENTS: DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ENTRIES HAS PASSED, CONTEST CLOSED, VOTING TO BEGIN SOON!!

310 Apr 21
Reply by Gav Brown

"I don't know if you have me as a commit for water, but I think I will. It takes me a…"

Stephen Ferre replied Jan 15 to Contest: THE 4 ELEMENTS: DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ENTRIES HAS PASSED, CONTEST CLOSED, VOTING TO BEGIN SOON!!

310 Apr 21
Reply by Gav Brown

"I would like to be involved, but I don't know if my teaching and freelance schedule…"

Stephen Ferre replied Jan 6 to Contest: THE 4 ELEMENTS: DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ENTRIES HAS PASSED, CONTEST CLOSED, VOTING TO BEGIN SOON!!

310 Apr 21
Reply by Gav Brown

"I'm of two minds on this. As a composer, I never want to pay to have someone look at…"

Stephen Ferre replied Nov 13, 2017 to For or Against: Entrance Fees for Composing Competitions

1 Nov 13, 2017
Reply by Stephen Ferre

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service