Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Nicholas Kelly's Discussions (59)

Discussions Replied To (51) Replies Latest Activity

"I've always been intrigued by the process Robert Schumann followed for a few years s…"

Nicholas Kelly replied Dec 31, 2015 to New Years (music) resolutions

43 Jan 3, 2016
Reply by Olmnilnlolm

"This is a nice change of pace from all the "epic trailer music" that seems to be all…"

Nicholas Kelly replied Dec 30, 2015 to Orange String Suite - 1st movement

3 Jan 5, 2016
Reply by Jay Varga

"Thanks, Joseph! Glad you enjoyed it. I'm interested to hear what other composers…"

Nicholas Kelly replied Dec 10, 2015 to Post your best

35 Dec 13, 2015
Reply by Gav Brown

"Composers are notoriously bad at identifying their "best" works (or, put more kindly…"

Nicholas Kelly replied Dec 7, 2015 to Post your best

35 Dec 13, 2015
Reply by Gav Brown

"I imagine most composers who submit stuff to competitions come across this situation…"

Nicholas Kelly replied Dec 6, 2015 to Composing music FOR a competition or call for scores

1 Dec 6, 2015
Reply by Nicholas Kelly

"Hi Driscoll. I think I might not have been clear enough in my previous comment. To m…"

Nicholas Kelly replied Dec 4, 2015 to The Vast Night, for soprano and orchestra (draft)

7 Dec 4, 2015
Reply by Nicholas Kelly

"Thanks for the comments everyone! Driscoll - I like your analogy about the octaves.…"

Nicholas Kelly replied Dec 2, 2015 to Eye of Miranda (choir SSAA and piano) and an attempt at teaching my computer to sing

10 Dec 2, 2015
Reply by Nicholas Kelly

"Thanks for posting the piano reduction... I found it very helpful, and it made a lot…"

Nicholas Kelly replied Dec 2, 2015 to The Vast Night, for soprano and orchestra (draft)

7 Dec 4, 2015
Reply by Nicholas Kelly

"I hear the first 3 measures as a pretty strong plagal (pre-dominant to tonic) resolu…"

Nicholas Kelly replied Dec 1, 2015 to Can someone look at these six bars of music and examine the chord structure: What is going on here?

12 Dec 2, 2015
Reply by Olmnilnlolm

"Thanks, DricollMusick! I'm glad it sounds "fresh and modern" to you--my inner critic…"

Nicholas Kelly replied Nov 30, 2015 to Eye of Miranda (choir SSAA and piano) and an attempt at teaching my computer to sing

10 Dec 2, 2015
Reply by Nicholas Kelly

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service