Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

The Business of Composing (166)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dealing with clients

Hello all, Not sure how to address this because I'm new to getting my work out there and not sure of how it all works. I really want to ge…

Started by Bobby Popolla

21 Sep 16, 2015
Reply by Gav Brown

How do you get your songs noticed by a record company?

I am having a discussion with a few aspiring songwriters on Facebook. They are of the opinion that the way to get noticed by a record compa…

Started by Adrian Allan

5 Aug 23, 2015
Reply by Chris Carman

How to properly publish classical music

I'm a composer of works for solo piano, on the slightly jazzy edge of classical. Composing the work is difficult enough, but because I'm se…

Started by Ian Ring

4 Jul 30, 2015
Reply by Ian Ring

Promotion/Marketing Techniques?

Hello fellow composers!!  Hope you are all well! :)I wanted to discuss the idea of demos and promotion and what you guys have done so far…

Started by Anthony Januszewski

4 Apr 3, 2015
Reply by Stephen Lines

Writing for Public School Music Ensembles

Today a fellow composition major at my University gave a lecture on writing for Middle School and High School bands. He has been an public…

Started by Tyler Hughes

0 Mar 11, 2015

Fan Films: The Future of Film Composing?

So if you are a little nerdy, as myself, and surround yourself with like minded people, you probably notice a video circulating around. A h…

Started by Tyler Hughes

3 Mar 3, 2015
Reply by Olmnilnlolm

Advertising via Social Networks

Greetings All, This is my first post on this forum and I thought/hoped it might prove interesting to some of you, as we are all trying to…

Started by GT Little, Jr.

1 Feb 28, 2015
Reply by Benjamin "Benji" Weissenstein

First time composing for a full length documentary, how to charge?

Hello! I have recently been hired by the BBC to score a full length feature documentary, and have absolutely no idea how to charge for a jo…

Started by Dréa Drury

3 Jan 28, 2015
Reply by Chris Alpiar

How to work full time as a composer?

To sum it up, I've been trying to work for music licensing and video game companies in Toronto, Canada.  Some of the licensing companies do…

Started by Justin Hawley

12 Dec 16, 2014
Reply by Steve Yee

Music and crowdfunding

Do you think that it is a "crazy", "wild" idea or the only chance for certain musics to exist? Do you feel that the goverment should suppor…

Started by Olga Krashenko

17 Dec 1, 2014
Reply by Fredrick zinos

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2019   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service