Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Notation Software (27)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Problems with Sibelius

Hi I have problems with downloading the Sibelius 7 sounds. If I try to download the big 23 Gg file it always crashes at 22 Gb, which is ve…

Started by Lennart Östman

18 Dec 15, 2015
Reply by Al Johnston

Export stems from Notion 5.1 notation program into Presonus Studio One sequencer for further editing

This looks interesting. With Notion 5.1, one can export instrument tracks, tempo, time signature, rehearsal mark information, etc. (collect…

Started by Al Johnston

0 Oct 16, 2015

String Quartet demos for "Sibelius as scoring editor - Part 2"

Al Johnston, part 10a_Demo_String_Quartet#1_Adagio Al Johnston, part 10b_Demo_String_Quartet#1_Waltz short String Quartet demos for Sibeli…

Started by Al Johnston

0 Sep 23, 2015

Question about Notion Software

I know some of you use Notion, which seems to combine the best of the Sequencer and Notation worlds. I'm impressed with what I've heard, es…

Started by michael diemer

35 Oct 25, 2014
Reply by Rodney Carlyle Money

A nice software under 300$

I don’t have 700$ to 800$ for buying Finale or Sibelius. I’m writing music, I’m not into samples, keyboards or midi meaning it gotta work e…

Started by Pascal Tremblay

6 Aug 1, 2014
Reply by Janet Spangenberg

Should composers add violin fingerings?

I'm writing a piece for solo violin, and I was wondering if violinists would prefer fingerings written in by the composer.  Or would they p…

Started by Jonathan Senigaglia

20 Jun 1, 2014
Reply by michael diemer

Got an iPad? What's your favorite notation software for it?

I bought a new iPad Air last month, and this is pretty much my first exposure to this type of device. I compose music in a more traditional…

Started by Michael McBroom

3 Mar 10, 2014
Reply by Raymond Kemp

Sibelius 6 help

Does anyone know how to create score without bar lines? I want to start with an empty score without bar lines, and then i want to have poss…

Started by Milan Arandjelovic

1 Feb 25, 2013
Reply by Bob Porter

Avid letting Sibelius fall with them

Lights out for Sibelius? I feel that this should be a critical issue for composers of the digital age. I've used Sibelius since Sibelius…

Started by Nick Carlson

8 Aug 2, 2012
Reply by Gav Brown

Sibelius 7

Has anyone upgraded to Sibelius 7 yet? How is the sound quality? Is the improvement over Sibelius 6 enough to justify getting the upgrade?

Started by Glenn Simonelli

16 Jul 1, 2012
Reply by Mita Lupa

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service