Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Music Technology (272)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Garritan Purchases Giga Technology Assets From TASCAM

Pretty cool news - found this press release on Harmony-Central April 02, 2009 TASCAM, a division of TEAC America, Inc. and Garritan Corp…

Started by Robert Throckmorton

3 Apr 3, 2009
Reply by Chris Alpiar

Finale or Sibelius ?

I shortly need to buy one the two programs to make a professional standard score and parts, so I wondered if anybody had any thoughts on wh…

Started by Adrian Allan

25 Mar 17, 2009
Reply by Adrian Allan

PACE iLok - is it necessary? avoidable?

Hi there~ I'm in the midst of trying to upgrade the quality of my sequenced samples. I was all set to buy some East-West things but then s…

Started by Gary Glover

18 Mar 7, 2009
Reply by Ray Stirling

Mixing real time acoustic recordings with MIDI sequencer ones -how to achieve ambient unity

I posted this to Simon: On your encouragement, I'm working on a Harsichord concerto. Here's the problem; I don't have a real string ensemb…

Started by Kristofer P.D.Q. Emerig

8 Feb 11, 2009
Reply by Kristofer P.D.Q. Emerig

Software vs hardware synths: what about the performance/improvisation session?

Hello, I have acquired Yamaha s90ES board as an addition to my old Roland EP85. Reading some software-vs-hardware discussions in this foru…

Started by Andrew Gleibman

5 Feb 8, 2009

Can a MIDI workstation be used as a controller with programs such as sonar?

I have a Korg 01/Wfd and have been researching production software such as Sonar 8 Producer. I'm trying to figure out the least expensive (…

Started by Deborah Young

2 Feb 2, 2009
Reply by Glenn Simonelli

Keyboard recommendations for project studio composing?

Hi there~ I write this with great sadness, for my beloved Kurzweil K2500XS has just died. I'm primarily a guitarist, and am pretty hep to c…

Started by Gary Glover

7 Jan 25, 2009
Reply by Jason Ward

Live Performances versus Recordings, Loops, etc.

Pre-recorded Loops and Samples In days gone by, there were no samples. There were no recordings. All performances were 'live' performances…

Started by Doug Lauber

2 Jan 8, 2009
Reply by Doug Lauber

Condemnation towards computer generated music (Sample libraries and such)

Now this is something that happens to me quite often. Have you ever been in the situation where someone asked “What are you using to create…

Started by Denny Schneidemesser

147 Dec 31, 2008
Reply by Biochips

Breathing life into midi

The most convincing midi arrangements using VST instruments sound completely natural - so much so that you could close your eyes and imagin…

Started by Adrian Allan

25 Dec 30, 2008
Reply by Adrian Allan

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Merritt.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service