Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Music Technology (276)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

EastWest Quantum Leap Orchestra (or Choirs)

What do you think about a programs from EW.QL factory? How it works? I mean: Orchestra, Choirs, Colossus etc. is it possible to make all mu…

Started by Robert "Robby" Piotrowski

20 Jun 30, 2009
Reply by Jan Civil

MAC/PC combo anyone???

Hey I'm an experienced composer, but I've been using purely mac for about seven years. I was thinking of adding a Windows machine to fire m…

Started by Jon

8 Jun 29, 2009
Reply by Jan Civil

Where online can I learn about DAWs, Soft Synths, Samplers, etc.?

I thought it would be nice if folks could share some of the online destinations (or books) that contain information about software and hard…

Started by Deborah Young

11 Jun 26, 2009
Reply by Jan Civil

Improving Sibelius with Cubase?

I compose on Sibelius, and I want to improve the sound quality of my finished products. Right now I just export my Sibelius files to audio.…

Started by Glenn Simonelli

12 Apr 19, 2009
Reply by Glenn Simonelli

Garritan Purchases Giga Technology Assets From TASCAM

Pretty cool news - found this press release on Harmony-Central April 02, 2009 TASCAM, a division of TEAC America, Inc. and Garritan Corp…

Started by Robert Throckmorton

3 Apr 3, 2009
Reply by Chris Alpiar

Finale or Sibelius ?

I shortly need to buy one the two programs to make a professional standard score and parts, so I wondered if anybody had any thoughts on wh…

Started by Adrian Allan

25 Mar 17, 2009
Reply by Adrian Allan

PACE iLok - is it necessary? avoidable?

Hi there~ I'm in the midst of trying to upgrade the quality of my sequenced samples. I was all set to buy some East-West things but then s…

Started by Gary Glover

18 Mar 7, 2009
Reply by Ray Stirling

Mixing real time acoustic recordings with MIDI sequencer ones -how to achieve ambient unity

I posted this to Simon: On your encouragement, I'm working on a Harsichord concerto. Here's the problem; I don't have a real string ensemb…

Started by Kristof the Pious Heathen Emerig

8 Feb 11, 2009
Reply by Kristof the Pious Heathen Emerig

Software vs hardware synths: what about the performance/improvisation session?

Hello, I have acquired Yamaha s90ES board as an addition to my old Roland EP85. Reading some software-vs-hardware discussions in this foru…

Started by Andrew Gleibman

5 Feb 8, 2009

Can a MIDI workstation be used as a controller with programs such as sonar?

I have a Korg 01/Wfd and have been researching production software such as Sonar 8 Producer. I'm trying to figure out the least expensive (…

Started by Deborah Young

2 Feb 2, 2009
Reply by Glenn Simonelli

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Merritt.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service