Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Music Technology (280)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Music Composing Software

Okay, I'm sure this has been discussed many times before, but I'm gonna ask it anyway: I love composing music, but I lack the tools to get…

Started by Mike Spark

11 Jul 31
Reply by Victor Eijkhout

if you use MAC, how would you spec the latest Mac Pro for music composition/production ?

From the AppleStore website, any advice on how would you spec the latest Mac Pro ?The main uses are for using loads of software instruments…

Started by Jake Sanderson

2 Jun 14
Reply by Phillip Lovgren

Importing midi from Sibelius...

New to working with midi... When making midi mock ups of orchestral stuff with the objective of making the instruments sound as authentic a…

Started by Patrick Prouty

3 Jun 8
Reply by Raymond Kemp

New Piano Controller Ordered

I just ordered the new Kawai MP7 digital piano/controller($1700) from Sweetwater by phone to make sure someone will be around here for the…

Started by Phillip Lovgren

1 May 31
Reply by Phillip Lovgren

The CFX Concert Grand Released

After MakeMusic/Garritan announced the CFX Concert Grand as coming soon last November it has finally been released!  At $300 it is one of t…

Started by Phillip Lovgren

9 May 20
Reply by Johan Roeraade

What is the best all-round keyboard for composing for film and tv out today ?

I don't like using the word "best" because it's a bit like "best, for what?" I'm looking for a keyboard that does a wide range of sounds..…

Started by Jake Sanderson

6 May 16
Reply by Andrew Gleibman

Setting Subwoofer crossover

Just got a Mackie sub, to be used with my M-Audio BX5a monitors. I'm wondering where I should set the crossover. the standad seems to be 80…

Started by michael diemer

5 May 4
Reply by Raymond Kemp

Playing with the New Mac Pro

I've had the machine for a week and have finished installing stuff ( well nearly). It's a lovely piece of engineering that's for sure. Anyw…

Started by Michael T

4 May 3
Reply by Michael T

Just bought new string library

I just bought Cinematic Strings2.  I ordered the DVD version and plan to install it that way. I hate long downloads. Besides, I'm still wai…

Started by michael diemer

2 Apr 27
Reply by Phillip Lovgren

Non-zero budget studio options?

With my current DAW and (mainly hardware) synths I plan to expand this studio, including its hardware and software components. The number o…

Started by Andrew Gleibman

3 Apr 13
Reply by Andrew Gleibman

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Merritt.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service