Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Music Technology (290)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Aftertouch -- Worth it?

Hey all,I'm looking to upgrade my studio's midi keyboard controller. I come from a background in piano, so I've been using a Yamaha P-95, a…

Started by John Hilsen

4 Nov 22, 2014
Reply by René Torenstra

Panning The Virtual Orchestra

OK, I have a new computer, Cinematic Strings 2, and my strings still sound terrible. Very frustrating. The winds sound OK, and I thought ge…

Started by michael diemer

9 Oct 23, 2014
Reply by The Lonely Goat

Cinesampes CineSymphony Lite

This may be interesting to those looking for a great orchestra sound set at a reasonable price although, that hasn't been announced yet :)…

Started by The Lonely Goat

1 Oct 3, 2014
Reply by Rodney Carlyle Money

Logic Pro-- Getting Used to It

So, what does everyone think of the new Logic Pro (I believe it's the X version)? It is hard for me to get used to new software, and this…

Started by Adam Brucks

0 Sep 30, 2014

Useful MIDI connector between different applications

Bome's MIDI translator -- I found this in another forum (Cockos's Reaper).  It allows to easily join different DAWs, sequencers and everyth…

Started by Andrew Gleibman

0 Sep 25, 2014

For those wishing to improve their vst instruments string section sound

http://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/the-ultimate-list-of-tips-for-producing-sampled-strings--cms-21216

Started by The Lonely Goat

17 Sep 19, 2014
Reply by Dan Depolito

I just bought Spitfire Loegria and can't figure out how to use it-- please help!!!

Does anyone know how to use Spitfire once I've added the library to Kontakt, selected string ensemble, and plugged it into Logic 9?  I can'…

Started by Hunter Bolton

0 Sep 9, 2014

Adding Depth

One problem I just can't seem to solve is hoe to add realistic depth to my midi orchestra. I know reverb is supposed to be the way, but it…

Started by michael diemer

17 Sep 1, 2014
Reply by michael diemer

New video tutorial: Epic Euclidean percussion generator with Opusmodus.

I have made a new Video tutorial on gen-binary-euclidean function and it's use for make an "Epic style" drums percussions generator with Op…

Started by stephane boussuge

0 Aug 11, 2014

Sample Tank 3 Coming

Ik Multimedia has announced the July 2014 release of SampleTank 3. Over 30GB of samples are  included.  Check out the pre-release sale at…

Started by Phillip Lovgren

1 Aug 9, 2014
Reply by IK Multimedia

RSS

© 2015   Created by Chris Merritt.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service