Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Music Technology (271)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Non-zero budget studio options?

With my current DAW and (mainly hardware) synths I plan to expand this studio, including its hardware and software components. The number o…

Started by Andrew Gleibman

3 Apr 13
Reply by Andrew Gleibman

Interesting Experiment

My current computer, soon to be my old computer, has driver issues. I'm putting in a new hard drive soon, and plan to remove my 2496 soundc…

Started by michael diemer

3 Apr 5
Reply by Bob Porter

Cinebrass or Hollywood Brass?

I am thinking of getting one of these. Which one do you think has the best brass library? ~Rodney

Started by Rodney Carlyle Money

11 Apr 2
Reply by Anders Christensen

All of you - try Edirol Orchestral, please!

Dear Everyone. The best - and now free - virtual orchestra floating around the Internet is Edirol Orchestral.  Nothing quacks like a duck. …

Started by Christopher John Ulrich Burke

2 Mar 23
Reply by Christopher John Ulrich Burke

Cakewalk Soon to Be Gibsonized And Presonus Grabs Notion.

I see that Roland is planning on selling Cakewalk to Gibson and that it will be part of the Tascam devision. I remember when Gibson bought…

Started by Phillip Lovgren

4 Mar 17
Reply by michael diemer

Best Notation Software? Finale? Sibelius?

What say you? I'd like a program that can work well with my DAW. PC. Thanks, doug

Started by Doug Lauber

16 Feb 10
Reply by Simon Godden

Mac Pro vs iMac?

Hope I don't start annoying anyone with my barrage of newbie technology Qs.  I've been saving $ to buy a desktop with Logic Pro X.  Now tha…

Started by Jenny Leigh Hodgins

36 Jan 10
Reply by Renan Javier Cabrera

Do all soundcards sound the same?

I know that higher- priced soundcards are desirable for performance-related issues, but I've always wondered if they render the sound diffe…

Started by michael diemer

12 Jan 6
Reply by Kristofer P.D.Q. Emerig

Good speakers for a condo/apartment

Hello! I quickly looked through the existing topics to see if anybody had already asked about the same thing, but didn't find a match; apol…

Started by Donya Quick

11 Jan 1
Reply by Bob Porter

Do I need a soundcard ?

Hello fellow music makers, I recently decided to purchase a pair of Sennheiser HD650 as mixing on my very crappy headphones was a challenge…

Started by Julien

7 Dec 27, 2013
Reply by Raymond Kemp

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Merritt.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service