Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Music Technology (313)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Studio One Prime

Studio One Prime, the free version is now available. Main limitation is you're stuck with th…

Started by Michael Lofting

0 Aug 4

Syncing Music to Video

Hey, all, Am new to the forum and have a question about composing music to an existing video. I use Finale 2014c for composing and WavePad…

Started by Robert G. Nagel

3 Aug 3
Reply by Greg Brus

Notion for iPad

To all members with an iPad an updated version of Notion has just been released. Sibelius is still my main annotator but can highly recomm…

Started by Michael Lofting

0 Aug 2

Best Notation Software? Finale? Sibelius?

What say you? I'd like a program that can work well with my DAW. PC. Thanks, doug

Started by Doug Lauber

20 Jun 26
Reply by Greg Brus

Best softsynth for New Age backing pad presets? See bodytext for details.

Dear Anyone. I'm after New Age Pad sounds - examples are anything by Karunesh, Medwyn Goodall, Mike Rowland, Deuter, Yellow Brick Cinema (…

Started by Christopher John Ulrich Burke

12 Jun 16
Reply by Chris Carman

Quality/DAW Suggestions?

Hello all, I am a piano composer who works on a Mac using Finale. I've posted a lot of compositions on this forum using the mp3 output from…

Started by Gav Brown

25 Jun 14
Reply by Greg Brus

New Mac Pro "Trash Can" for film composing / multiple instances of kontakt

Hi there! Considering a purchase of the new Mac Pro "trash can" for film composing projects, including use of multiple instances of Kontakt…

Started by N. Halpern

1 Jun 10
Reply by Benett Viszokai

East West vs. Cinesamples

Alright, from the title this seems like a stupid question, I know. But it's actually not. I've been looking at getting an orchestral essent…

Started by Andrew LeFevre

5 Jun 2
Reply by Benett Viszokai

Advice on composing software vs. DAW

I compose on Finale, but would like to connect it to a better bank of virtual instruments.  I am new to the DAW or other types of audio pro…

Started by chris

5 Jun 2
Reply by Benett Viszokai

Wondering how to get the best concert piano sound

I'd like to get the best possible finished recordings of my piano pieces. Currently, I'm using the built-in Steinway sound that comes with…

Started by Ian Ring

8 May 27
Reply by Benett Viszokai

© 2015   Created by Chris Merritt.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service