Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Music Technology (331)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Improveing the sound

Hi All I've uploaded a short piece called Air Mullach Carn Gorm (On Top of Cairn Gorm) - I'm sure many of you have been there. Once I figu…

Started by Colin Dougall

3 Mar 6, 2016
Reply by Colin Dougall

Has anyone worked out how to play Divisi passages in the East West Silver editions?

I just bought the East West Hollywood Strings Silver edition and want to see how well it plays Barber's Adagio.I imported a midi file and n…

Started by Stephen Williams

5 Feb 28, 2016

notation software for piano 4 part writing (or more)?

I have been looking at many notation software demos.. Being that I have only in the past used pencil and manuscript, and was searching for…

Started by gregorio X

5 Feb 27, 2016
Reply by gregorio X

How do YOU add reverb and manipulate EQ?

Hey guys, Which programs/plugins do you use for reverb and EQ manipulation? Why are they your favorites? I want something that is usable…

14 Feb 22, 2016

Best Orchestral VST for under $200 now?

I'm looking for a decent orchestral VST that is good for Choir and string sounds and user-friendly for someone with little experience in or…

22 Feb 22, 2016
Reply by Jeroen Grommen

Sibelius/Note Performer

Hi, Is anyone using Sibelius in conjunction with Note Performer? If so can you advise me how to transform the files to MP3s. I am guessing,…

Started by Stephen Lines

21 Feb 18, 2016
Reply by Stephen Lines

What Would it Sound Like if You Stretched Out a Single Note on a Piano?

So I have been exploring sound design and came up with this new "instrument." I took a single Eb note on the piano played as a 16th note bp…

Started by Rodney Carlyle Money

13 Feb 17, 2016
Reply by Rodney Carlyle Money

Garritan Abbey Road Studios CFX Concert Grand

Hello Everyone, Is anyone using the Garritan Abbey Road Studios CFX Concert Grand program? If so, how are you using it and what's it like…

Started by Rob Kennedy

5 Jan 8, 2016
Reply by Rodney Carlyle Money

Audacity export to midi

Hello Everyone, I am trying export from Audacity as a midi file, but it is greyed out. I have tried changing the import export function,…

Started by Rob Kennedy

4 Jan 7, 2016
Reply by Rob Kennedy

Noteperformer for Sibelius

I have just installed the trial of note performer into my Sibelius 7.5.1. The result on some pieces has been quite good. More realistic ph…

Started by Michael Lofting

2 Dec 30, 2015
Reply by Lennart Östman

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service