Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Music Analysis and Critique (2,839)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Soliloquy for Flute and Piano

I posted this piece on the forum about 5 years ago for a discussion about modern notation and moving away from the "tyranny of the barline"…

Started by Julie Harris

15 Apr 30
Reply by Jon C Sebastian

Sonatina in C

Hey guys.  It's been a while since I've posted.. I've had to put my regular composing activities on hold while I write a beginner progressi…

Started by gregorio X

8 Apr 28
Reply by gregorio X

Emotude III for Piano & Orchestra

Hi guys I recently released a raw edit of my new piece Emotude III for piano & orchestra, its still very much work in progress, but it…

Started by Michael Bates

0 Apr 28

Genesis

Hey all, This is my latest foray into the depths of Spectrasonics Omnisphere. I spent a lot of time building custom synths for this song a…

Started by Robert Fisher

3 Apr 27
Reply by Robert Fisher

Darling My Heart is True

This aria and the one following is supposed to be the climax of act I. To set the scene: Mary has gone to Joseph's house because she is afr…

Started by Lawrence Aurich

0 Apr 27

Shortnin' Bread - Finding an American Voice

Hello everyone- I adore Bach, Mozart, the Beethoven String Quartets, Messiaen, the Stravinsky ballets, plus a host of others, old and new. …

Started by Julie Harris

21 Apr 27
Reply by Julie Harris

Intro for orchestra

I've been fiddling with articulation settings. The idea would be to have markings in the software be the same as I would hand out to real p…

Started by Bob Porter

3 Apr 26
Reply by Bob Porter

Cuando fui combatiente

Hi All, I like to compose music to tell stories.This time the inspiration came from a beautiful photo shot by a friend of mine, Vincenzo V…

Started by Marco Di Stefano

6 Apr 24
Reply by Marco Di Stefano

Quietude

Clearly this is a play on the words 'quiet' and 'etude'. After publishing 'Orion The Hunter' my wife commented: 'Can't you write something…

Started by Stephen Lines

8 Apr 24
Reply by Stephen Lines

6 GUITAR PRELUDES - BOOK 1

These are some of the short guitar preludes I used to write in my student days (with Greek titles sometimes). There is no Book 1 as such, m…

Started by Socrates Arvanitakis

4 Apr 23
Reply by Socrates Arvanitakis

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service