Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Film, TV, and Game Composing (98)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Film Score / Cinematic / Trailer Music Project

I have been writing music for my solo project, and have recently released some new material, just felt like sharing it with you guys.

Started by Mickey Hopson

0 Jun 13, 2013

Space Hero Adventure Themes?

Hi everyone. I wonder how one would categorize this theme from Sierra adventure, Space Quest IV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgI9jt_Md

Started by Christina Neofotistou

5 May 22, 2013
Reply by Bob Porter

Siege Perilous (Film, Trailer, or Cinematic Music)

I have been hard at work writing music for my solo project recently, and will have a full album coming out fairly soon, but I do however ha…

Started by Mickey Hopson

4 May 20, 2013
Reply by Bob Porter

List of specific sections/time stamps in film scores?

Hi composers. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a list (online presumably) of time stamps/sections of music in films? For example, Movie:The…

Started by Bob Gurney

0 May 1, 2013

For those of you who dislike dissonant and atonal music

Here is the sound track for Planet of the Apes.  When you hear the score with the film it seems entirely appropriate and seamless.  I think…

Started by B Gray

17 Apr 9, 2013
Reply by Spiros Makris

Camera Movement and Music

Hey there, When a composer is writing music for a film, he often tries to "include" the movement of the camera in the music. For example,…

Started by Keman

1 Mar 19, 2013
Reply by Gav Brown

Notably good film scores, anyone?

My apologies, for I can't be too descriptive about this, but I'm bored of the scores for most of today's popular films and am wondering if…

Started by Moses

34 Mar 2, 2013
Reply by Jon Corelis

Post Your Fav TV Show Theme and Say Why It's Great

I am a big fan of TV show theme songs which I believe require a unique type of composition. It has to be short (usually 1 minute or less),…

Started by Gav Brown

9 Mar 2, 2013
Reply by Janet Spangenberg

Music composition software

Hi all, I am in need of advice. I use ProTools to write my music. I am wanting to write more for film/visuals. Can anyone suggest a good pa…

Started by George Coutsoudis

1 Feb 21, 2013
Reply by Raymond Kemp

Hi Everybody!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone at the composers forum.   I haven't had the chance to meet anyone yet but I have enjoyed reading the post…

Started by Jon Browning

1 Feb 13, 2013
Reply by Raymond Kemp

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service