Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Discuss a Composer (68)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Annette Peacock

Annette Peacock is the first woman artist to play the Moog synthesizer, invented by Robert Moog, one of the first synthesizers which could…

Started by Gav Brown

5 Aug 11, 2016
Reply by Gav Brown

Great Songs

I think that a large amount of compositional energy which might have gone into classical composition has gone to progressive rock, a moveme…

Started by Gav Brown

5 Jul 8, 2016
Reply by Gav Brown

Berlioz - Symphonie fantastique

Today, it was just one thing after another that led me, finally, to listening to a performance of Berlioz' Symphonie Fantastique conducted…

Started by Bruce Pearson

0 May 5, 2016

Heard of John Corigliano?

Every time (mostly) i hear his work, it strikes me as so alive and vital.  A modern voice which seems to have gotten little attention.. Rig…

Started by gregorio X

4 Apr 15, 2016
Reply by gregorio X

Another Slavic Symphonist: Valentyn Silvestrov (Валенти́н Васи́льович Сильве́стров)

His biography:   Link to Symphony No. 5

Started by Olmnilnlolm

2 Apr 10, 2016
Reply by Olmnilnlolm

Henri Pousseur

Here is Pousseur's  Prospection - For Triple Piano In Sixth-Tones [1953] Conductor – J…

Started by Olmnilnlolm

8 Mar 10, 2016
Reply by Olmnilnlolm

Gordon Mumma

It's quite amazing to think that Gordon Mumma was writing music like this as early as the 1960's.   Today, his work may still pose consid…

Started by Olmnilnlolm

103 Feb 22, 2016
Reply by Olmnilnlolm

Post tonal composers - Wuorinen

Any fans of Charles Wuorinen or other contemporary post tonal composers?  I've been studying some of his music and wondering about how he p…

Started by eboats

1 Jan 10, 2016
Reply by Olmnilnlolm

Harmonic density

Hi, I am looking for recommendations of harmonically complex progressions within the realm of tonality. Preferably dense enough that it isn…

Started by David Lokan

20 Jan 7, 2016
Reply by Joseph Harry

1978 Canadian TV documentary on pianist-composer Ervin Nyiregyhazi

This is just recently at Y.T. and provides a glimpse into the inner life and workings of one of the last living 19th century style pianists…

Started by Michael Sayers

0 Dec 25, 2015

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service