Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Discuss a Composer (70)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Karlheinz Stockhausen

For those interested in the works of Karlheinz Stockhausen, i cant recommend this site highly enough. The analyses of the Klavierstucke, so…

Started by Bob Morabito

5 May 1, 2017
Reply by Serenity Laine

What Piece Drives You to Tears?

Hey everyone, So with the exception of a couple Billy Joel ballads, I've come to realize that the only music that can really make a grown…

Started by Daniel DiMercurio

50 Mar 12, 2017
Reply by Fredrick zinos

Need help with modern and simple piano score analysis

Hi everyone, I have been studying jazz harmony but I usually have some problems in understanding how certain rules are applied in compositi…

Started by Alfred La Fleur

3 Feb 1, 2017
Reply by Bob Porter

Did Chopin "Borrow" the main theme for his op69 no2 Waltz in B minor from Beethoven?

So I have been listening to a lot of Beethoven lately - the other night, I was listening through his Sonata 29 "Hammerklavier" and a very,…

Started by David Lilly

9 Jan 10, 2017
Reply by H. S. Teoh

"Do You Hear What I Hear" - Steve Stevens

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u6LszQ9UVIM I always loved this Christmassy guitar cover, especially the classical guitar intro. Enjoy.

Started by Dave Dexter

1 Dec 26, 2016
Reply by Gav Brown

Aaron Copland

Aaron Copland is one of my all time favorite composers for several reasons but the principle reason is that he, of all the 20th century com…

Started by Gav Brown

18 Dec 21, 2016
Reply by Mike Hewer

Ivan Khunt

Apparently this guy is a big name. I suppose we could discuss Khunt.

Started by Kristofer Emerig

7 Nov 12, 2016
Reply by Dave Dexter

Piano composers with unique styles

Based on the somewhat disconcerting realisation that I can't find my own style of composing solo piano - long strings of unresolved suspend…

Started by andrew thornton

10 Nov 11, 2016
Reply by Serenity Laine

The Art of String Quartets by Brian Ferneyhough

The Art of String Quartets by Brian Ferneyhoughhttp://interchangingidioms.blogspot.com/2008/08/art-of-string-quartets-by-brian.htmlFerneyho…

Started by Bob Morabito

147 Nov 1, 2016
Reply by Serenity Laine

Delia Derbyshire,neglected but not forgotten

I thought I'd mention the very influential British composer Delia Derbyshire who was a stalwart of the now defunct BBC Radiophonic Workshop…

Started by Rick Riccled

2 Nov 1, 2016
Reply by Rick Riccled

RSS

donate

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service