Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Discuss a Composer (65)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Aaron Copland

Aaron Copland is one of my all time favorite composers for several reasons but the principle reason is that he, of all the 20th century com…

Started by Gav Brown

18 Dec 21, 2016
Reply by Mike Hewer

Ivan Khunt

Apparently this guy is a big name. I suppose we could discuss Khunt.

Started by Kristofer Emerig

7 Nov 12, 2016
Reply by Dave Dexter

Piano composers with unique styles

Based on the somewhat disconcerting realisation that I can't find my own style of composing solo piano - long strings of unresolved suspend…

Started by andrew thornton

10 Nov 11, 2016
Reply by Serenity Laine

The Art of String Quartets by Brian Ferneyhough

The Art of String Quartets by Brian Ferneyhoughhttp://interchangingidioms.blogspot.com/2008/08/art-of-string-quartets-by-brian.htmlFerneyho…

Started by Bob Morabito

147 Nov 1, 2016
Reply by Serenity Laine

Delia Derbyshire,neglected but not forgotten

I thought I'd mention the very influential British composer Delia Derbyshire who was a stalwart of the now defunct BBC Radiophonic Workshop…

Started by Rick Riccled

2 Nov 1, 2016
Reply by Rick Riccled

Andrej Zatkalik

I hope this is not an area exclusively reserved for the discussion of composers of the dead German variety. Not that I have any issue…

Started by Kristofer Emerig

2 Sep 19, 2016
Reply by roger stancill

ive been listening to a lot of ligeti latey.

ive been listening to a lot of ligeti the past few day. what do you like/dislike about his work? what kind of person was he? what sets him…

Started by Jonathan Baldwin

5 Sep 13, 2016
Reply by Jonathan Baldwin

Annette Peacock

Annette Peacock is the first woman artist to play the Moog synthesizer, invented by Robert Moog, one of the first synthesizers which could…

Started by Gav Brown

5 Aug 11, 2016
Reply by Gav Brown

Great Songs

I think that a large amount of compositional energy which might have gone into classical composition has gone to progressive rock, a moveme…

Started by Gav Brown

5 Jul 8, 2016
Reply by Gav Brown

Berlioz - Symphonie fantastique

Today, it was just one thing after another that led me, finally, to listening to a performance of Berlioz' Symphonie Fantastique conducted…

Started by Bruce Pearson

0 May 5, 2016

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service