Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Concert Composing (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Getting your work performed

Hello I am looking for the best ways to get my work performed. I am planning to go to concerts and speak with performers and check with c…

Started by Jon Izbell

10 Aug 16, 2014
Reply by Wesley Lawrence Curry II

Virtual Choir and SATB ranges

Hello all- One of my students has written a wonderful piece for SATB choir which I am planning to premiere in our upcoming June 1st concert…

Started by Julie Harris

61 Apr 14, 2013
Reply by Bernard Duc

A Concert of Your Work

So I am soon approaching my very own senior recital and it has got me thinking about what I will have one it. It has also got me thinking…

Started by Tyler Hughes

9 Dec 10, 2012
Reply by David Unger

Piano Concerto in C

Hello, I feel a bit rude with this being my first post here. Is this the right place.....? Anyway, my 'Piano Concerto in C' is finally get…

Started by Rob Howe

0 Oct 4, 2012

"Abyss", the 1st. piece from my current cycle "Seven Glimpses of Heaven", for solo piano/pianos.

Am mainly seeking a performer/performers for this highly virtuosic work, and the rest in the set. Have many players who have expressed cons…

Started by Mark Nicol

1 Sep 11, 2012
Reply by Nikolas

Organizing a Recital or Concert

I have been to countless numbers of recitals, concerts, and performances. Though majority of them were very good musically, I have noticed…

Started by Tyler Hughes

5 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Tyler Hughes

Rachmaninov vs Tchaikovsky

Don't know if this is the right topic for this post,but as it's composing related,I'm posting it in here.A comparison of snippets out of tw…

Started by Victor Atanasov

4 Jan 27, 2012
Reply by Michael T

Using a popular ringtone in a piece.

Hey everyone! I have a question that i'm wondering if anyone else has stumbled in this direction before. I'm starting a new Percussion Ens…

Started by Christopher Lexow

2 Jan 25, 2012
Reply by Christopher Lexow

Is there enough exposure for serious composers and performers of neo-classical music?

Hope this is the right place to post this, I'm sort of new here. Was just wondering what people here thought about neo-classical, minimalis…

Started by Greg Ryan

3 Dec 14, 2011
Reply by Paul H. Muller

Lessons learned from performances

I decided to move my discussion from the Concert Composers Group to the brand new Concert Composers forum. During the process of getting a…

Started by Tyler Hughes

4 Aug 25, 2011
Reply by Clark Nichols

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service